- The UF Health Blood Bank and Transfusion Service responds to the needs of patients and the physicians who serve them by providing quality products and services; continually improving the quality and efficiency of our operations; and offering meaningful educational experiences for current and future practitioners.
- To improve the health of our patients by providing safe and timely blood products and diagnostic services.
- Blood Bank Phone: 352.733.0900
- Interim Director Craig H. Fletcher, M.D.
- Office: 352.273.9635
- Available Blood Products
- Red Blood Cell (RBC) Cross-Match
- Red Blood Cell (RBC) Testing
- Special Ordering Needs
- Transfusion Reactions
Available Blood Products
All of our blood products are pre-storage leukocyte-reduced and cytomegalovirus (CMV) reduced-risk.
- Packed red blood cells
- Autologous red blood cells
- Directed red blood cells
- Acrodose platelets (pooled random donor platelets)
- Apheresis platelets
Products available for patients with special needs:
- Frozen red blood cells for rare phenotypes
- Human leukocyte antigen-matched platelets
- Cross-matched platelets
Red Blood Cell (RBC) Testing
- ABO and Rh typing
- Antibody screen and antibody identification
- Direct anti-globulin test
- Alloantibody titers
Special Ordering Needs
Refers to special product attributes required for different patient populations. Examples include: