UF Department of Pathology, Immunology and Laboratory Medicine pathologists present at the 103rd United States & Canadian Academy of Pathology (USCAP) Annual Meeting
The 103rd United States & Canadian Academy of Pathology (USCAP) Annual Meeting was held in San Diego from Saturday, March 1, to Friday, March. As always, faculty, residents and fellows from the University of Florida Department of Pathology, Immunology and Laboratory Medicine participated in a variety of presentations (Names of Department faculty members follow in bold.):
- Ahmad Alkhasawneh, M.D., John Ross, M.D., Chris Michael Carter, M.D., Samer Z. Al-Quran, M.D., Ying Li, M.D., Ph.D., Robert W. Allan, M.D. Synoptic Report Generators for Hematopathology: Development of a System Embedded within the Anatomic Pathology Laboratory Information System (APLIS) that Integrates Morphology, Flow Cytometry, Immunohistochemistry and Molecular Genetics.
- Robert W. Allan, M.D., Lizette Vila Duckworth, M.D., Lisa R. Dixon, M.D., Demaretta S. Rush, M.D., Chris Michael Carter, M.D. Synoptic Report Generators for Transplantation Pathology: Development of a System Embedded within the Anatomic Pathology Laboratory Information System (APLIS).
- Lizette Vila Duckworth, M.D., T Zuluaga Toro, X Lu, Chen Liu, M.D., Ph.D. Expression of Glutamine Synthetase in Cirrhosis and Potential Use as a Marker for Early Liver Cancer Diagnosis.
- Ahmad Alkhasawneh, M.D., E Chan, T Zuluaga Toro, X Lu, S Hughes, T George, Lizette Vila Duckworth, M.D. Comparison of C-Met Immunoreactivity in Surgically Treated Gastroesophageal Adenocarcinoma Using Two Commercially Available Antibodies.
- Wonwoo Shon, D.O., AL Folpe, KJ Fritchie. ERG Expression in Chondrogenic Bone and Soft Tissue Tumors.
- Wonwoo Shon, D.O., DE Wenger, CY Inwards. Kaposiform Hemangioendothelioma (KHE) Presenting as a Primary Tumor of Bone: A Clinicopathologic and Radiographic Study of 5 Cases.
- RC Romano, Wonwoo Shon, D.O., KL Fritchie. BRAF V600E Immunohistochemistry in Cutaneous Langerhans Cell Histiocytosis.
- RC Romano, Wonwoo Shon, D.O., W Sukov. Malignant Melanoma of the Nail Unit: A Fluorescence In-Situ Hybridization (FISH) Analysis of 7 Cases.
Two Department faculty members also gave talks, including:
- John D. Reith, M.D.: “Biomarkers in Osteosarcoma: Past, Present, and Future” (Topical Advances and Applications in Bone Pathology, International Society of Bone and Soft Tissue Pathology companion society meeting)
- Robert W. Allan, M.D.: “Turning Genotype Data in Actionable Clinical Alerts: UF Health Personalized Medicine Program – CYP2C19 Pilot Program” (Practice Changers)
Additionally, Anthony T. Yachnis, M.D., M.S., president of the American Association of Neuropathologists (AANP), co-chaired the AANP companion society meeting, “Glioblastoma: Molecular and Histologic Variants You Need to Know.”