Dongtao “Ann” Fu, Ph.D.
Department of Pathology, Immunology and Laboratory Medicine
Office Assistant: Karen Cox
Primary Areas of Research
- Exploring the mechanism of immunoreaction in type1 diabetes
- Exploring the effective treatment of Alpha-1 Anti-trypsin deficiency disease using the mouse model
- Dongtao Fu, Mitsuo Wakasugi, Yasuhito Ishigaki, Osamu Nikaido and Tsukasa Matsunaga (2003). cDNA cloning of the chicken DDB1 gene encoding the p127 subunit of damaged DNA-binding protein. Genes and Genetic Systems, Vol 78, 301-313 2003.
- Stella A. Martomo, Dongtao Fu, William W. Yang, Nikhil S. Joshi, and Patricia Gerhart. Deoxyuridine is generated preferentially in the nontranscribe strand of DNA from cells expressing AID JI Ms. No. 05-1504, 2005
- Christopher R. Cogle, Neil D. Theise, Dongtao Fu, et al. Bone marrow contributes to epithelial cancers in mice and human as developmental mimicry Stem Cell. 2007 Aug; 25(8):1881-7. Epub 2007 May 3.
- Christopher R. Cogle, Dongtao Fu, et al. Bone marrow stem and progenitor cell contribution to neovasculogenesis is dependent on model system with SDF-1 as a permissive trigger. Blood. 2009 Nov 5;114(19):4310-9 2009
- Keeler AM, Conlon T, Dongtao Fu, et al. Long-term Correction of Very Long-chain Acyl-CoA Dehydrogenase Deficiency in Mice Using AAV9 Gene Therapy. Mol Ther. 2012 Jun;20(6):1131-8.
- Mueller C, Chulay JD, Trapnell BC, Humphries M, Carey B, Sandhaus RA, McElvaney NG, Messina L, Tang Q, Rouhani FN, Campbell-Thompson M, Fu AD, et al. Human Treg responses allow sustained recombinant adeno-associated virus-mediated transgene expression. J Clin Invest. 2013 Dec 2;123(12):5310-8. doi: 10.1172/JCI70314. Epub 2013 Nov 15.
- Li-Wen Chang, Ann Fu, et al. Immunohistochemical Detection of a Unique Protein within Cells of Snakes Having Inclusion Body Disease, a World-Wide Disease Seen in Members of the Families Boidae and Pythonidae. Plos One. 2013 Dec. 10: DOI: 10.1371/journal.pone.0082916