Robert P. Seifert, M.D.
Assistant Professor – Hematopathology
|UF Department of Pathology, Immunology and Laboratory Medicine
College of Medicine
P.O. Box 100275
Gainesville, FL 32610
- Hometown: Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
- College: University of Florida
- Medical school: University of Florida class of 2012
- Fellowship graduation date: June, 2017
- Interests in pathology: Hematopathology, molecular genomics, coagulation, surgical pathology, pathology informatics, lab quality improvement
- Extracurricular interests: Gator football, Walt Disney World, board game design
- Henry A. Azar Outstanding Resident of the Year Award, May 2016
- Second Place Winner, Florida Society of Pathologists Poster Award, Feb 2016. R Seifert, MM Bui. Electronic Atlas of Epithelioid Soft Tissue Tumors – Pathology “App” Development Made Easy.
Select publications and presentations
- Seifert RP, Bulkeley W 3rd, Zhang L, Menes M, Bui MM. A practical approach to diagnose soft tissue myeloid sarcoma preceding or coinciding with acute myeloid leukemia. Ann Diagn Pathol. 2014 Aug;18(4):253-260.
- Seifert RP, Agosti SJ, Accomando JD, and Jukic D. Crystalcryoglobulinemia in a Patient with Underlying Monoclonal Gammopathy of Undetermined Significance. ASCP Case Reports. 2015 Jul; HP15-7: 1-17.
- Seifert RP, Marilyn Bui, and Jane Messina. “Mutated BRAF V600E in Poorly Differentiated Spindle Cell Malignancies Following the Initial Diagnosis of Melanoma in Another Site: A Diagnostic Challenge.” American Journal of Clinical Pathology 142. (2014): A248-A248.
- Seifert RP, L Sokol, and L Zhang. Unicentric and Multicentric Castleman’s Disease in HIV-negative patients: A Case Series. United States and Canadian Academy of Pathology, San Diego, California, March 3, 2014.
- Seifert RP, E Sagatys, MM Bui, L Zhang. Lessons Learned From A Case Of Incidental Composite Small Lymphocytic Lymphoma and Sarcoidosis. College of American Pathologists meeting, Orlando, Florida, October 13, 2013.
- Seifert RP, McNab P, Sexton WJ, Sawczyn KK, Smith P, Coppola D, Bui MM. Rhabdomyomatous differentiation in wilms tumor pulmonary metastases: a case report and literature review. Ann Clin Lab Sci. 2012 Fall;42(4):409-16.