Robert P. Seifert, M.D.
Assistant Professor – Hematopathology
|UF Department of Pathology, Immunology and Laboratory Medicine
College of Medicine
P.O. Box 100275
Gainesville, FL 32610Office Address
UF Department of Pathology, Immunology and Laboratory Medicine
College of Medicine
1600 SW Archer Road
Gainesville, FL 32610
- Hometown: Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
- College: University of Florida
- Medical school: University of Florida class of 2012
- Fellowship graduation date: June, 2017
- Interests in pathology: Hematopathology, molecular genomics, coagulation, surgical pathology, pathology informatics, lab quality improvement
- Extracurricular interests: Gator football, Walt Disney World, board game design
- Program Director, Hematopathology Fellowship
- Unit Director, Hematopathology
- Pathology, Anatomic and Clinical
- Henry A. Azar Outstanding Resident of the Year Award, May 2016
- Second Place Winner, Florida Society of Pathologists Poster Award, Feb 2016. R Seifert, MM Bui. Electronic Atlas of Epithelioid Soft Tissue Tumors – Pathology “App” Development Made Easy.
Select publications and presentations
- Seifert RP, Bulkeley W 3rd, Zhang L, Menes M, Bui MM. A practical approach to diagnose soft tissue myeloid sarcoma preceding or coinciding with acute myeloid leukemia. Ann Diagn Pathol. 2014 Aug;18(4):253-260.
- Seifert RP, Agosti SJ, Accomando JD, and Jukic D. Crystalcryoglobulinemia in a Patient with Underlying Monoclonal Gammopathy of Undetermined Significance. ASCP Case Reports. 2015 Jul; HP15-7: 1-17.
- Seifert RP, Marilyn Bui, and Jane Messina. “Mutated BRAF V600E in Poorly Differentiated Spindle Cell Malignancies Following the Initial Diagnosis of Melanoma in Another Site: A Diagnostic Challenge.” American Journal of Clinical Pathology 142. (2014): A248-A248.
- Seifert RP, L Sokol, and L Zhang. Unicentric and Multicentric Castleman’s Disease in HIV-negative patients: A Case Series. United States and Canadian Academy of Pathology, San Diego, California, March 3, 2014.
- Seifert RP, E Sagatys, MM Bui, L Zhang. Lessons Learned From A Case Of Incidental Composite Small Lymphocytic Lymphoma and Sarcoidosis. College of American Pathologists meeting, Orlando, Florida, October 13, 2013.
- Seifert RP, McNab P, Sexton WJ, Sawczyn KK, Smith P, Coppola D, Bui MM. Rhabdomyomatous differentiation in wilms tumor pulmonary metastases: a case report and literature review. Ann Clin Lab Sci. 2012 Fall;42(4):409-16.