- Melanie Shapiro, a graduate student in the Experimental Pathology Division and Diabetes Institute at the University of Florida, was awarded $120,000 from the National Institutes of Health for a three year Ruth L. Kirschstein NRSA Individual Predoctoral Fellowship.
October 15, 2018
Title: Roles of the Insulin-like Growth Factor Axis in Pre-Type 1 Diabetes Immune Regulation Type 1 Diabetes (T1D) is an autoimmune disorder in which impairments in immune regulation permit the...
- JDRF, ADA and Helmsley Charitable Trust Announce Funding of Quantitative Analysis of Insulin Purchased from Pharmacies in the U.S.
October 15, 2018
https://www.jdrf.org/press-releases/quantitative-analysis-of-insulin-funding/ NEW YORK, October 11, 2018 — JDRF International, the American Diabetes Association (ADA) and The Leona M. and Harry B....
- Florida Emergency Mortuary Operations Response System (FEMORS)
October 9, 2018
Bruce A. Goldberger, Ph.D. – The Florida Emergency Mortuary Operations Response System (FEMORS) was inaugurated in 2002. The FEMORS mission is to provide fatality management services during...
- Bacterial Virus Drives Emergence of New Strains of Shigella from Haiti and the Dominican Republic
October 4, 2018
A new study from the University of Florida Emerging Pathogens Institute (UF-EPI) scientists Dr. Tony Maurelli (Department of Environmental and Global Health) Dr. Marco Salemi (Department of Pathology)...
- Dr. Timothy Garrett Examines New Approaches to Profiling Metabolomics and Translation to Clinical Analysis in Education Webinar
May 17, 2018
Measurement of metabolites represents the digital readout of health. A critical aspect of metabolomics is the utilization of high resolution mass spectrometric approaches to detect and identify...
- Dr. Todd Brusko awarded for a three year project on Type 1 Diabetes
April 30, 2018
Dr. Todd Brusko, Associate Professor in the Experimental Pathology Division and Diabetes Institute at the University of Florida, was awarded $1.78M from the Leona & Harry Helmsley Charitable...
- Lupus Research Alliance Announces Nine Promising Novel Research Grant Awards
April 16, 2018
Repurposing Existing Drugs to Treat Lupus Laurence Morel, PhD, University of Florida Depriving Immune Cells of Sugar Saps Energy for Attack In a previous study, Dr. Morel showed that drugs […]
- Dr. Laurence Morel chosen as the 2018 UF College of Medicine Graduate Convocation Speaker
March 23, 2018
Laurence Morel, PhD, Vice Chair for Research and Academic Affairs and Professor, will be the 2018 College of Medicine Graduate Convocation Speaker on Thursday, May 3rd, from 2-3pm with a […]
- Congratulations to Jonathan Whittamore, PhD, of the Experimental Pathology Division
March 21, 2018
Congratulations to Jonathan Whittamore, PhD, of the Experimental Pathology Division. He has recently received a research grant from the Oxalosis Hyperoxaluria Foundation. This award, entitled “The...
- New Article by Dr. David Ostrov – Genes and Autoimmune Diabetes
February 23, 2018
Dr. David Ostrov, Associate Professor in the Experimental Pathology Division, has recently published an article in JCI (The Journal of Clinical Investigation). Genes play a significant role in...