- FSP 45th (2019) Annual Anatomic Pathology Conference Highlights
March 15, 2019
Dr. Yanel De Los Santos, a second year resident in the UF Department of Pathology, Immunology, and Laboratory Medicine, was awarded the second place in the digital poster competition at […]
- Departmental faculty, fellows, and residents to present research at USCAP meeting in Washington, D.C during March 16-21, 2019.
March 15, 2019
The annual USCAP meeting is the most prominent venue for anatomic and clinical pathologists to expand their knowledge in the field of pathology and to keep up to date in […]
- Dr. Laurence Morel has been awarded a new NIH R01 grant
February 21, 2019
Systemic lupus erythematosus is a disease with a complex etiology. Recent advances have highlighted that gut bacteria exert a potent influence on the immune system, and that disturbances in these...
- Congratulations to our CTSI Research Pilot Award Recipients!
December 12, 2018
PI: Kristanna Fredenburg, M.D., Ph.D. https://ufhealth.org/kristianna-fredenburg Title: Investigating the Functional Role of Differentially Expressed microRNAs from Black compared with White Laryngeal...
- UF Health, King’s College London researchers awarded $3.7 million to study molecular origins of type 1 diabetes
November 19, 2018
https://ufhealth.org/news/2018/uf-health-king-s-college-london-researchers-awarded-37-million-study-molecular-origins For people with Type 1 diabetes, it is an ongoing battle: Their immune system goes...
- UF Diabetes Institute Investigators To Generate A 3D Map of the Human Lymphatic System
November 14, 2018
Grant Title: A 3D Map of the Human Lymphatic System Program Director: Mark Atkinson, PhD mPIs: Mark Atkinson, PhD (Project 1 and Administrative Core) Harry Nick, PhD (Organ Donor Core) […]
- Melanie Shapiro, a graduate student in the Experimental Pathology Division and Diabetes Institute at the University of Florida, was awarded $120,000 from the National Institutes of Health for a three year Ruth L. Kirschstein NRSA Individual Predoctoral Fellowship.
October 15, 2018
Title: Roles of the Insulin-like Growth Factor Axis in Pre-Type 1 Diabetes Immune Regulation Type 1 Diabetes (T1D) is an autoimmune disorder in which impairments in immune regulation permit the...
- JDRF, ADA and Helmsley Charitable Trust Announce Funding of Quantitative Analysis of Insulin Purchased from Pharmacies in the U.S.
October 15, 2018
https://www.jdrf.org/press-releases/quantitative-analysis-of-insulin-funding/ NEW YORK, October 11, 2018 — JDRF International, the American Diabetes Association (ADA) and The Leona M. and Harry B....
- Florida Emergency Mortuary Operations Response System (FEMORS)
October 9, 2018
Bruce A. Goldberger, Ph.D. – The Florida Emergency Mortuary Operations Response System (FEMORS) was inaugurated in 2002. The FEMORS mission is to provide fatality management services during...
- Bacterial Virus Drives Emergence of New Strains of Shigella from Haiti and the Dominican Republic
October 4, 2018
A new study from the University of Florida Emerging Pathogens Institute (UF-EPI) scientists Dr. Tony Maurelli (Department of Environmental and Global Health) Dr. Marco Salemi (Department of Pathology)...