- Dr. Timothy Garrett Examines New Approaches to Profiling Metabolomics and Translation to Clinical Analysis in Education Webinar
May 17, 2018
Measurement of metabolites represents the digital readout of health. A critical aspect of metabolomics is the utilization of high resolution mass spectrometric approaches to detect and identify...
- Dr. Todd Brusko awarded for a three year project on Type 1 Diabetes
April 30, 2018
Dr. Todd Brusko, Associate Professor in the Experimental Pathology Division and Diabetes Institute at the University of Florida, was awarded $1.78M from the Leona & Harry Helmsley Charitable...
- Lupus Research Alliance Announces Nine Promising Novel Research Grant Awards
April 16, 2018
Repurposing Existing Drugs to Treat Lupus Laurence Morel, PhD, University of Florida Depriving Immune Cells of Sugar Saps Energy for Attack In a previous study, Dr. Morel showed that drugs […]
- Dr. Laurence Morel chosen as the 2018 UF College of Medicine Graduate Convocation Speaker
March 23, 2018
Laurence Morel, PhD, Vice Chair for Research and Academic Affairs and Professor, will be the 2018 College of Medicine Graduate Convocation Speaker on Thursday, May 3rd, from 2-3pm with a […]
- Congratulations to Jonathan Whittamore, PhD, of the Experimental Pathology Division
March 21, 2018
Congratulations to Jonathan Whittamore, PhD, of the Experimental Pathology Division. He has recently received a research grant from the Oxalosis Hyperoxaluria Foundation. This award, entitled “The...
- New Article by Dr. David Ostrov – Genes and Autoimmune Diabetes
February 23, 2018
Dr. David Ostrov, Associate Professor in the Experimental Pathology Division, has recently published an article in JCI (The Journal of Clinical Investigation). Genes play a significant role in...
- Faculty Awarded UF Term Professorships
September 15, 2017
Congratulations to three Department of Pathology faculty who received UF Term Professorship Awards from the Dean of the College of Medicine and the Office of the Provost. Awardees for this […]
- New Article in Virology Journal by Kenneth Rand, MD – UF Clinical Pathologist
July 27, 2017
Semi-quantitative Influenza A population averages from a multiplex respiratory viral panel (RVP): potential for reflecting target sequence changes affecting the assay
- Teen’s caffeine-related death highlights the dangers of the common stimulant (references UF Health Forensic Medicine Director Bruce A. Goldberger, Ph.D., FABFT)
May 16, 2017
- Drs. Marguerite Hatch, B.Sc., Ph.D. and Jonathan Whittamore, Ph.D., were awarded an NIH grant to study, “Intestinal Oxalate Transport and the Regulation of the Apical Slc26 Anion Exchange.”
May 16, 2017
Congratulations to Principal Investigator Marguerite Hatch, B.Sc., Ph.D. and Co-Investigator Jonathan Whittamore, Ph.D., who were recently awarded a new NIH R01 grant by the National Institutes of...